Luke 19:26 (New Living Translation)
26 “‘Yes,’ the king replied, ‘and to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.
Taking risk is a step of faith. Taking risk, I mean, by following God and His will. Taking risk and following God, you move out of working from your own independence and control (self-direction) to a place of Godly direction. It's hard to take the next steps when the future is undecided or "not guaranteed". But taking these risks allows you to live by faith and not by sight. What seems to be no guarantee, is actually the greatest guarantee, if we believe what we say we believe. God is on the other side working for all good. It's a God-guarantee. No matter what we don't see on the other side, the reality is that God is there. Rick Warren says "If what you are doing doesn't require faith you are living faithlessly." I love it when the Heavenly man said "When we arrive at the end of our strength, it is not defeat, but the start of tapping into God's boundless resources. It is when we are weak that we are strong in God." "When the Lord tells us to do something there is no time for discussion or rationale, regardless of the situation we face. When we are sure God has told us to act, as I was on this occasion, blind obedience is called for. "
I'll be honest. It's hard for me. I'm the type that likes to know what's gonna happen and then plan ahead for it. Lately, God has been changing a lot of things around in my life, maybe something bigger than I thought. It's taking a lot for me to comprehend this. I finally realized I won't be able to. Not with my own mind. I have to tap into God's boundless resource. And you know what, I probably won't figure it out unless I do take a step of faith and obey. We all have come to a point in time or will come to a point in our lives that will require of this. I say this, pray... pray and fast. First, ask God where are areas in your life you are living faithlessly and depending on yourself. Ask Him to guide you to that area and see what He shows you. Tap into God. Use the resources He is giving you. He will bring you to a place of risky obedience.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
mmm that's some good meat to chew on!
Yeah, that's a good word. I think I need to read it again!
Good stuff Borah. And totally true!
i want to take a risk!...i also want to point out what actually being obedient demands when God gives you something to follow...Luke 12:47-48: 47"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. (NIV)
Post a Comment