Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmastime.. again..

Its Christmas Eve 2008. I can't believe its already here. For the first time in a looooong time, I will not be spending Christmas at home. It's kinda of weird thinking that. Christmas time, traditionally, is time for family gathering, lots of eating, and cheer sharing. (Not to forget all the gift giving) Sad I won't be home but in Tallahassee (and I do have to work Christmas eve..booo..). For me this year, Christmas doesn't have the usual flare I always enjoy. I doesn't "feel" like Christmas. Makes me feel sad in a way. I always look forward to the season of Christmas. Of course, our culture today makes Christmas a time for Christmas songs, gingersnap cookies, Santa Claus, and mistletoe. But you know what, I enjoy that. It's my favorite time of the year. I love chimney fires, Christmas songs, winter clothes, coca-cola commercials, and christmas lights. I also love lighting the curbside tealights in white paper bags (you know, the candles your neighborhood makes you do) Too bad i'll wont be home to see that this year. i'll prolly be sleeping all Christmas day too.. I guess now, I'm a grown-up. I cant anticipate Christmas as I did as a child. "Being grown up isnt half as fun as growing up" But each day I am thankful. :) I love each season of my life. And I love Christmas. I wish everyone who reads this a wonderful Christmas. Really. Enjoy the time with your family and friends. Enjoy time with the ones you love. Take a step back and look at where you are. Be thankful for each moment. Merry Christmas. And if you don't celebrate Christmas, sorry to offend you. Happy Holidays. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you guys decorate the apartment for Christmas?? I know what you mean when you talked about not being able to anticipate Christmas the same as when we were children.. but I guess now we can look forward to watching our future children anticipate Christmas! That'll be fun!

Beloved said...

I love ur optimism :) it's always hard to enjoy the season God brings u especially when they're not good seasons, but it's really encouraging to read this blog. Ur always a strong woman and I love you :)